T shirts are guaranteed to all participants who register by Monday, January 26, 2015.
Click here for packet pick up information.
Parking will be in the STUDENT LOT at Marvin Ridge High School. Click here for more info on parking.
The 10k will start at 8:00am followed by the 5k at 8:15am
There is a 1 hour 45 minute time limit on the 10k: per Union County Sheriffs Office.
- Based on the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) guidelines, headphones, iPods and MP3 players are strongly discouraged during the race.
- No pets are allowed on the course.
- No littering, smoking, or consumption of alcohol permitted on the course.
- Unregistered runners are not allowed. Bandits will be disqualified from this and future races.
- Numbers must be worn on the front and be clearly visible at all times.
- For safety, runners who withdraw during the race must inform a race official or aid station volunteer.
- No roller blades, bicycles or skate boards.
- Baby joggers will be allowed but will start behind all runners and walkers.
Additional Information Regarding Headphone Use:
The use of personal music devices is strongly discouraged at this race. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, Start 2 Finish Charlotte encourages a headphone-free environment during the running of the The Village 10k / 5k.
We believe your race experience and those around you will be greatly enhanced by leaving the headphones at home or in the car. Running headphone-free allows opportunities to develop camaraderie with your fellow runners and to enjoy everything the race has to offer. Plus, volunteers and spectators will be on course cheering you on and providing directions to help get you to the finish line.
Runner safety has always been, and will continue to be a top priority for our event. Please be mindful of the other participants and respect the race personnel to ensure a safe and enjoyable race for everyone.